Rua is the next generation shower technology from Methven. With a stylish exterior guaranteed to be the envy of guests and unique water saving technology for superior body coverage, Rua creates a warmer, more stimulating and more satisfying shower experience.
Designed and engineered in New Zealand, Rua builds on on all our lifestyle-enhancing innovations in the bathroom space. Rua's shape uses geometric styling and softens the appearance of the shower head with slightly rounded edges, creating a truly unique and contemporary look for your bathroom.
Rua generates bigger water droplets which create up to 20% more of the total spray force than conventional showers*.
Rua's innovative spray system provides better stimulation of the nerve endings, particularly the areas where nerve endings have a higher density (e.g. face). This gives you better efficiency in cleansing and rinsing and more even pressure on the skin.
Rua has twice more coverage than a conventional shower*. That means twice the amount of surface area of water at the contact with the skin at any given time. It provides you with a better feeling of warmth, better feeling of coverage, and better evenness of spray pressure on the skin.
Rua is very simple to install - you can do it just in a few minutes.
Simply replace your existing hand shower - just connect Rua to your existing hose or use the one we provide.
Rua retains more warmth than mist-type showers
Using less water doesn’t help the environment much if you have to use more warm water to keep your shower experience great. More warm water for your shower – more energy to heat it up.
Water in the “mist/cloud” - type showers and traditional water-saving showerheads tend to get cool quickly after it is sprayed from the shower head. Rua retains more warmth than mist-type showers.
This Rinse Efficiency video shows how the Aurajet spray pattern creates more coverage than conventional showering*.
Aurajet technology helps Rua to generate up to 20% more total spray force*. It has twice the amount of a surface area of water in contact with the skin*:
- Better feeling of COVERAGE
- Better feeling of WARMTH
- Better stimulation of nerve endings
- Better evenness of spray pressure on skin
- Better overall experience
Rua utilizes hidden nozzles which generate individual jets of water that collide against precisely angled surfaces within the elegant contours of the showerhead. At that moment of collision, the water travels across the surface edge and launches out from the channel, creating stunning fans of water.
- 13 evenly spaced “Invisible” holes (nozzles) made of silicone rubber, generate single jets of water
- These jets of water travel a short distance before hitting a precisely engineered hydrophobic “impinging surface”
- When the jets hit the impinging surface, it spreads out into a fan-shaped sheet of water
- These impinging surfaces are all set at different angles, creating an even spray with Fan are wide enough to fill the gaps yet leave a very defined and clean spray perimeter – limited spray “noise”
*Compared to a Methven conventional shower. Flow rate of both products at 1.8G per minute and tested as per AS 3662-2013 Appendix H.